Friday, April 4, 2008

High Deductible Health Care Premiums

Inadvertantly, I was calling to get some marketing information and I ended up talking to a salesperson about health care premiums. He was a broker that handled many insurance companies and suggested I let him give me a quote for a new company in the health insurance industry. I am currently paying $320/month for a family of five which includes a dental rider. Note that this is a high deductible plan, so must of my health care costs are out-of-pocket and I primarily have this for catastrophic health events. I do have a Health Savings Account (HSA), so I can pay for all qualified health care expenses through my tax-free account that I fund annually. I will share any monthly savings once I get a new quote from the new insurance company.

No comments: