Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Say "No" to Root Canal

I nursed a cracked filing for a long time. The dentist said is was okay, but I required a crown soon. The waiting period on my dental insurance was another 6 months away, so I waited. When the time came, I had the tooth ground, a temporary cap installed and made the appointment to get the permanent crown put in within 4 weeks. The tooth never felt right with the temporary. The dentist said to wait. It would get better, than worse, than better, but never felt right. After scouring the internet, it appeared I would need a root canal. I searched some more and found a sight that recommended Listerine followed by Act! and so far, I have had immense improvement. I think I avoided a root canal and looking forward to getting that permanent cap soon.

No comments: