Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Discount Lab Tests

During a recent annual physical, the physician recommended some basic tests for cholesterol, thyroid, complete blood count, etc. These blood tests are great health indicators for many illnesses, but can be quite expensive. The office manager quoted me a price of $265 which did not include the $15 draw fee (to take my blood) or the $10 administrative fee. I found the same test, called a Women's Health Test on www.HealthOneLabs.com for only $85. I ordered the online test, downloaded a lab requisition form, went to my neighborhood lab testing office to get my blood drawn and my lab results were ready for me the next day when I logged back on to www.HealthOneLabs.com website. Convenient and it is the same approved lab that my physician's offices uses. Since my cholesterol was high, I can get a repeat test done for much cheaper, so I have put more money back into my pocket.

No comments: